Thursday, April 15, 2010

Not so Traditional

Now a days weddings aren’t so much about traditions- In planning several weddings I see more and more brides breaking away and doing something that isn’t of the norm. I interviewed three (3) brides regarding this topic and there take on why they have broken from the “Traditional Wedding”.


1st: Susan M. of Philadelphia, PA:

Susan’s wedding really isn’t traditional she wanted me to know that traditions aren’t really her thing and being different is more important. With Susan’s wedding she didn’t want her girls to be cookie cutter so she had me work with them on body-shape and what would look good on them. Three (3) of Susan’s bridesmaids are wearing mid-length dress and the other three (3) are wearing full-length gowns. Susan said as long as her bridesmaids are happy and feel good about how they look that is more important to her than anything else.

2nd: Mara S. of King of Prussia, PA:

Mara’s wedding really breaks the “traditional” standards starting right off the bat with Mara’s wedding gown. Her gown is black and white and I don’t mean white with a black sash I mean a black gown with a white sash. Her gown is unique in color and style and Mara said what made her pick this gown was that she wanted to have a different feel of getting married and not allowing herself to be put into that “Traditional” box. The other tradition that Mara is breaking is that she has two (2) guy’s walking together.

3rd: Kelly P. of Cherry Hill, NJ:

Kelly said I think of traditions as something old and I don’t want to feel aged as I get married and move into my new life. Kelly told me she has her child Langston a 7-year-old Bulldog as her ring barer. She stated I couldn’t get married without my child being apart of my day. He is so special to me and my future husband that we both decided he would be the best ring barer for our wedding.

These are three (3) examples of the not so “Traditional” weddings. If you have/had a non-traditional wedding we would love to hear about it!

LaPaz Image/Event Consultants

No comments:

Post a Comment